Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Sites that have been created in Esri Business Analyst Online or Esri Community Analyst can be shared to ArcGIS Online and added to My Content as a feature collection. Feature collections can then be published as feature services that can be used in analysis and exported to different formats, including shapefiles.
The two workflow options described below show how to add sites from Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst to My Content in ArcGIS Online as feature collections.
Option A: Share multiple sites in a web map from Business Analyst Online or Community Analyst to ArcGIS Online
1. Sign in to Business Analyst Online or Community Analyst and add all of the sites to share with ArcGIS Online.
2. Click the Share Map to ArcGIS Online button on the tool palette.
3. Give the map a title and select a folder location to save in ArcGIS Online. The default location is the Business Analyst Online - My Maps or the Community Analyst – My Maps folder in My Content. Click Share.
4. Open ArcGIS Online in a new tab and sign in.
5. Go to My Content > Business Analyst Online – My Maps, Community Analyst – My Maps, or the folder where the map was saved.
6. Click the drop-down next to the map > Open in map viewer.
7. In the web map, hover the mouse on the site layer in the Contents of the map, and click the ellipsis to expand the options menu > Save Layer.
8. After the layer is saved, it appears in the same folder as the web map in My Content as a feature collection.
Option B: Share a single site from BAO or CA to ArcGIS Online
1. Sign in to Business Analyst Online or Community Analyst, and go to Maps > My Content > My Sites.
2. Check the box next to the site to be shared.
3. Click the Share selected item button.
4. Give the site a title and select a folder location to save in ArcGIS Online. The default location is the Business Analyst Online - My Sites or the Community Analyst - My Sites folder in My Content. Click Share.
5. Open ArcGIS Online in a new tab and sign in. The feature collection is available in My Content under the selected folder to add to a map.
Publish the feature collection as a feature service
To publish a feature collection as a feature service, follow the instructions in the web help topic Publish a feature collection. Publishing permissions are required.
After publishing the feature collection, there are two feature layers with the same name in My Content. One of these is the published feature service and one is the original feature collection. The type of feature layer can be found by viewing the Item Details page and looking at the source.