Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When attempting to configure the ArcGIS Web Adaptor over HTTPS, the following error message is returned:
"Application Error. Bad Data."
This can occur due to one of the following reasons, but not limited to:
• The ArcGIS Server protocol is set to 'HTTP Only'.
• Port 80 is assigned to another application.
Complete the preliminary troubleshooting steps before attempting the two workarounds below.
A. Preliminary troubleshooting steps
• Follow the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation instructions in the following ArcGIS Help document: Installing ArcGIS Web Adaptor
• Ensure the correct username and password are used.
• Disable the Windows Firewall on the system.
• Launch the ArcGIS for Server Manager on the web server.
B. Ensure the ArcGIS Server REST endpoint protocol is set to 'HTTP and HTTPS'
1. Navigate to the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory login page, and log in using a primary site administrator account, for example:
C. Ensure the ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed on Port 80
1. Navigate to the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. In the Connection window, expand the server tree and click Sites to display all sites hosted on the server.
3. Change all the site bindings configured on port 80 and port 443 to different port numbers.
• Change port 80 to 81
• Change port 443 to 444
4. Run the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation.
5. Configure the ArcGIS Web Adaptor. For configuration instructions, click the following link: ArcGIS Help: Configuring the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
6. Once the ArcGIS Web Adaptor is configured, revert all previously changed site bindings to the original port settings.
Alternatively, the ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed silently by following the instructions in the ArcGIS Resources document: Silently installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.