Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Users are unable to utilize the Twitter functionality in ArcGIS Online web application templates, which serves as a social media platform for users to share web maps and display geolocated tweets. In some cases, the Twitter icon is disabled or missing and in other cases, users are unable to log into Twitter.
ArcGIS Online web application templates with Twitter functionality are the Chrome-Twitter and Public Information templates.
The Social Media web application template has been retired.
There are several possible reasons for this issue:
• Cookies are not enabled in Internet Explorer, thus hindering the web application templates from storing Twitter OAuth application keys.
• Secured web map services are used.
• A Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is enabled for the organization.
• The option to share content outside the organization is disabled in the security settings of the organization.
• A firewall or proxy server setting is preventing connection.
Below are several options to resolve this issue: