Error: EsriRegistrationMgr.dll is invalid or could not be found
The error, “EsriRegistrationMgr.dll is invalid or could not be found,” occurs while installing ArcGIS for Desktop.
ESRIRegistrationMgr.dll helps to manage version information, but it does not affect any applications or server processes.
This issue may be caused by the following:
1. Files or a folder from a previous ArcGIS installation were not completely removed during uninstallation.
2. The related .dll files are missing, corrupt, or unregistered.
1. Rename the ArcGIS folder to ArcGIS_OLD at the following location:
For 64-bit Windows operating systems:
• C:/Program Files (X86)/Common Files
• C:/Program Files (X86)
For 32-bit Windows operating systems:
• C:/Program Files/Common Files
• C:/Program Files
2. Run the ArcGIS for Desktop installation.
Article ID: 000012054
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10 ArcGIS - ArcView 10 ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2 ArcGIS for Desktop Basic 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2 ArcGIS for Desktop Standard 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2