Problem: Unable to authorize an ArcGIS for Server 10.2 permanent license when upgrading from a trial license
After installing ArcGIS for Server 10.2 with a trial license, users receive a permanent license. However, they are unable to authorize ArcGIS for Server using the permanent license number.
Follow the instructions provided to authorize an ArcGIS for Server 10.2 permanent license when upgrading from a trial license by renaming the existing keycodes file.
- Navigate to Start > My Computer > Local Disk (C:).
- Select the Program Files folder.
- Go to the ESRI folder > License 10.2 > sysgen.
- In the sysgen folder, rename the keycodes file to ‘keycodes_OLD’.
- Proceed to authorize the ArcGIS for Server 10.2 using the permanent license:
i. Navigate to Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Software Authorization.
ii. Run the Software Authorization Wizard to complete the authorization process.
ArcGIS for Server is now ready for use.
For detailed steps on authorizing ArcGIS for Server, refer to the Related Information section below.
Article ID: 000012052
Software: ArcGIS for Server 10.2