Problem: The Change button for ArcGIS Administrator is disabled
Under the Desktop directory in ArcGIS Administrator, the Change button to access License Manager is disabled.
Note: In ArcGIS 9.3.x or earlier, ArcGIS Administrator is known as Desktop Administrator.
The issue occurs when users do not have administrative privileges, or when there is a missing or corrupted .dll file.
Solution or Workaround
Run ArcMap as Administrator with admin permissions.
1. Click Windows Start Menu > All Programs > ArcGIS. 2. Right-click ArcMap, and select ‘Run as administrator’.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary.
Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions. Therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
Edit the following registry keys according to the license level.
1. Open the Registry Editor. Navigate to Start > Run, and type 'regedit'. Click OK. 2. Navigate to the license folder in the following path:
For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\License10.x
For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\License10.x
3. Right-click the SOFTWARE_CLASS string and click Modify. 4. Change the value data according to the license level as per below:
• For ArcView: ‘Viewer’ • For ArcEditor: 'Editor' • For ArcInfo: 'Professional'
4. Right-click the SEAT_PREFERENCE string and click Modify.
5. Change the value data according to the license type as written below:
• For Concurrent Use: ‘Float’ • For Single Use: ‘Fixed’
For more information, please refer to the Related Information links below.