Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Where did the Move and Move To option go when editing topology?
The topology tool has variations due to the changes made to ArcGIS as it moved from version 10 to 10.1. One of the changes was a simplified context menu for the topology edit tool.
At version 10.1, the menu that appears when right-clicking the map with the topology edit tool has been simplified to show only the most common tools. If any of the commands that were previously on this menu are needed, they can still be added to the user interface from the Customize dialog box. The steps provided below describe how to get the Move and Move To commands to be available from the Editing toolbar in ArcMap:
1) In the ArcMap session, click Customize > Customize Mode.
2) In the Customize dialog, click the Commands tab.
3) In the 'Show commands containing' text box, type 'Move'.
4) Under Categories, select Topology.
5) In the Commands field, the options Move and Move To should now be available.
6) Click the command 'Move' and drag it to the topology toolbar.
The Move and Move To command should now be available for use in ArcMap.