How To: Create a PMF that can be opened in ArcMap
Published Map Files (PMF) can only be opened in ArcReader by default. Changing the options within the ArcGIS Publisher Extension allows a PMF to be created so that it can also be opened in ArcMap.
- Open the ArcPublisher settings menu and view the Application tab. Publisher toolbar > Publisher > Settings > Application tab.
- Under ArcReader, uncheck 'Open in ArcReader Only'.
- Under ArcGIS Applications, check 'Unrestricted access to contents of Published Map.'
- Press OK to close the Publisher Settings dialog and publish the map.
The modified Publisher settings are only saved within the map document. New map documents will revert back to the default settings.
- The PMF can be opened from ArcMap through the File > Open dialog box. Change the Files of type option to either 'Published Maps (*.pmf)' or 'All Supported Map Formats'.
Article ID: 000011615
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10 ArcGIS - ArcView 10 ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Basic 10.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Standard 10.1 ArcReader 10, 10.1