How To: Activate Streetmap Premium for use with ArcPad
ArcPad has the ability to use Streetmap Premium, along with its available functions. The steps provided explain how to do this.
- To begin, download Streetmap Premium to a local or network drive.
- From within Streetmap Premium, install DDA (Data Distribution Application) onto the desktop.
- Versions prior to ArcPad 10 are provided from ArcPad media.
- Open DDA, click on the browse folder, navigate to the Streetmap Premium folder and open '_navi_na.navmap'.
- Zoom to an area of interest after the US opens.
- Use either the Extract Data or the Draw tools to draw around an area of interest.
• If the Extract Data option is selected, the Extraction Options open using the current view.
• If the Draw tools is selected, the user can use the tools to draw a desired object.
- Use the Extraction options dialog to name the folder and select the location where the file is stored, and select Extract.
- This starts the extraction process which includes all the files needed to open in ArcPad.
- Once finished, copy the directory onto the mobile device through either ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center.
- Open ArcPad and navigate to the extracted directory.
- Change the 'File of Type' from .apm to navimap.
- The newly created navimap file can then be seen. Select Open.
- The option to enter the StreetMap registration code now becomes available.
- The Navigation toolbar now becomes available, and the tools within it.
Article ID: 000011500
Software: ArcPad 10, 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3, 8.0, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4