How To: Debug ArcGIS Mobile project extensions or tasks
Instructions provided describe how to debug ArcGIS Mobile project extensions or tasks.
- Open the Project Extension sample.
- Right-click the MobileProjectCenter project and go to Properties. (It may have a different title, but the class should inherit from IProjectExtension.)
- Under the Build tab, verify that the Output path is pointing to <ArcGIS Mobile Install folder>\bin\Extensions.
- Build the *_MobileProjectCenter project and verify that the .dll is inside the <ArcGIS Mobile Install folder>\bin\Extensions.
- Right-click the Win or WM project within the solution and go to the property page.
- If the project is for Windows Desktop, then make sure that the Build > Output path points to <ArcGIS Mobile Install folder>\bin.
If it is a Windows Mobile Extension or Task, then the .dll needs to go to '%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\ArcGIS Mobile\10'.
- Under the Debug tab, check 'Start external program' and point it to <ArcGIS Mobile Install folder>\bin\ArcGISMobile.exe.
If this is a Windows Mobile application, then it should point to '%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\ArcGIS Mobile\10\ArcGISMobile.exe'.
- Launch the ArcGIS Mobile Project Center and create a map and make sure to add the Project Extension to the capability.
- Save the mobile project.
- Open ArcGIS Mobile and download the project.
- Download the map.
- Exit ArcGIS Mobile.
- Go back into Visual Studio and place a breakpoint in the constructor for the ProjectExtension.
- Click the debug button in Visual Studio.
Article ID: 000011370
Software: ArcGIS Mobile 10