This article was contributed by Esri Deutschland, the Esri distributor for Germany.
The instructions provided describe how to install NAS-Reader for ArcGIS Desktop 10. NAS-Reader enables importing and visualizing 3A data (AFIS®, ALKIS® and ATKIS®) by way of NAS (Normbasierte Austausch Schnittstelle), a standards-based exchange format of German surveying authorities. According to GeoInfoDok version 6.0, NAS data can be read by NAS-Reader and all schemes, including version 6.0.1, are supported.
Note: Version 5.1.1_K is an exception; it is not supported by NAS-Reader. This version was available for a short time and was replaced by version 5.1.1_K2.
The installation requires the following:
• ArcGIS Desktop 10.0, Service Pack 1 • Data Interoperability extension
Note: Since the NAS-Reader uses only parts of the Data Interoperability extension, it is not necessary to purchase a license. Nevertheless, the full use of Data Interoperability is still dependent on an activated license.
• Media CD Bereit f�r ArcGIS 10! provided by Esri Germany • It is not necessary to install the German Supplement.
1. Insert the media CD Bereit f�r ArcGIS 10! 2. Navigate to <CD-Drive>:\Inhalte\Programme\NAS_Reader. 3. Read Dokumentation_NAS_Reader.
Install the Data Interoperability Extension
1. Open the folder containing ESRI.exe. 2. Double-click ESRI.exe to start installation. 3. In the ArcGIS Desktop Install Menu, click the Setup link that corresponds to the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension. 4. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation.
Install the NAS-Reader
1. Double-click NASReader.esriaddin. 2. Click Install Add-in. 3. Click OK to finish. 4. Copy the esridesktop_nas.oemlic file found in <CD-Drive>:\Inhalte\Programme\NAS_Reader to one of the following folders:
• For a 32-bit OS - C:\Program files\ESRI\Data Interoperability Extension\licenses • For a 64-bit OS - C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\Data Interoperability Extension\licenses
Note: Administrator rights may be needed for this step.
5. After completing the installation, open ArcMap and click Customize > Toolbars and activate NAS.
Note: To adjust the Add-in go to Customize > Add-In Manager.
Data and File Information
NAS data can be imported in file geodatabases (*.gdb) or in personal geodatabases (*.mdb) and can be visualized in ArcMap. Esri recommends using a file geodatabase for large amounts of data (several hundred MB).