Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Instructions provided describe how to download, extract, and install ArcGIS Desktop 10.
Download ArcGIS Desktop 10
1. Open an internet browser and connect to the Esri Customer Care Portal.
2. Log in to the portal with the Esri Global Account information.
3. Click the Software Download link.
This action requires Adobe Flash Player, which can be downloaded by visiting Adobe Flash Player.
If the download does not start, click the “Click here” link below this big button.
Extract ArcGIS Desktop 10 ISO File
The downloaded file is an ISO file. This file must be burned to a DVD or extracted with extraction software, such as 7-Zip or IsoBuster, before it can be used to install ArcGIS Desktop 10.
If 7-Zip or IsoBuster is already installed, skip the following steps, extract the ISO file using that software, and go to the installation section.
1. Open an internet browser and connect to the 7-Zip site.
2. Download the appropriate type of the software, either 32- or 64-bit.
The machine's processor type can be found by right-clicking My Computer and clicking properties.
Install ArcGIS Desktop 10
1. Uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop before proceeding.
It is recommended to right-click and run as administrator on Windows Vista/7/2008.