2. Enter your Esri Global Account user name and password. If you do not have an Esri Global Account, click Create an Account and create one.
3. You will be prompted with two choices, either "I have an ArcGIS Education Edition DVD" or "I have an ArcGIS Education Edition authorization code". You can click either button and, once prompted, type the evaluation number (a 12-digit number beginning with EVA) in the field to activate it.
4. Select Activate ArcGIS 10 or Submit. A message appears stating the number has been activated.
5. The software is now ready to be authorized. Navigate to ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator > Desktop and select 'ArcInfo single-use' for the license level.
6. CLick the Authorize Now button and complete the authorization wizard to authorize the software.
ArcGIS Desktop 10 Free Trial (Standard or Esri Press edition) (180- or 60-days):
1. Browse to either of the following two links:
ArcGIS Desktop 10 Free Trial. Activate the authorization number for the 180-day trial of ArcGIS Desktop 10 at this link. A request for the software can also be submitted.