How To: Compile and build WxWidgets 2.8.7 to run ArcGIS Engine samples on Windows
Instructions provided describe how to compile and build WxWidgets 2.8.7.
- Find WX 2.8.7 at sourceforge.net.
- Download and install WxWidgets using wxMSW-2.8.7-Setup.exe.
- Browse to (Installation directory)\include\wx\msw and open 'setup.h' in a text editor.
- In setup.h change the value for wxUSE_ODBC to 1. By default this value is 0.
- Browse to (Installation directory)\build\msw and open the wx_dll.dsw project in Visual Studio.
- Change the build configuration to DLL Unicode Release.
Screen shot of Visual Studio
- Change project language value.
a. Right-click a project in Solution Explorer.
b. Go to Properties > C/C++ > Language.
c. Change value for Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type to 'No'.
- Repeat step 7 and change this parameter for all projects in Solution Explorer. This process can also be done by selecting all projects and changing all the properties at one time.
- Build the whole Wx_dll solution.
Article ID: 000011055
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.3.1 ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit 10, 9.3.1 ArcGIS Engine Runtime 10, 9.3.1