How To: Manually package data for use in ArcReader
When packaging data for distribution using ArcReader, certain raster formats do not package into a file geodatabase. These instructions bypass the packaging process by packaging the data manually.
- Create a folder on the C: drive.
- Copy all vector and raster data needed to this folder.
- Open ArcMap and add in the data from the folder that was created on the C: drive.
- Click File > Document Properties.
- Click Data Source Options button.
- Verify that the radio button next to "Store relative pathnames to data sources" is selected.
- Publish the map to the folder that was created on the C: drive.
- Take the folder that was created on the C: drive and put it on the DVD/CD.
- Copy the folder from the DVD/CD onto the new computer.
Article ID: 000010523
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1