Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Why does the ArcGIS Server installation say the Web Applications feature is not available on Vista or Windows Server 2008?
The Web Applications feature of the ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework installation requires several Windows features be installed, including parts of Internet Information Services (IIS). If one or more of these features are not installed, the Web Applications feature will not be available for installation.
The Windows features detailed below satisfy the minimum requirements for the Web Applications feature. If other IIS components are installed already, they do not need to be removed.
On Windows Server 2008
1) Click Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager > Roles.
2) Click Add Role Services.
3) At the Select Role Services dialog box, verify the components listed below are turned on.
The following Web Server (IIS) components must be installed when performing an installation on Windows Server 2008.
Steps to add IIS components on Windows Vista
1) Open the Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off (found under Programs and Features).
2) Expand the Internet Information Services feature.
3) Verify that the IIS components listed below are turned on.
The following Web Server (IIS) components must be installed when performing an installation on Windows Vista.
Internet Information Services