Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Why is the ArcIMS Web Manager feature not available when installing on Vista or Windows Server 2008?
The Web Manager feature of the ArcIMS Web ADF for the Microsoft .NET Framework installation requires that several Windows features be installed, including parts of Internet Information Services (IIS). If one or more of these features are not installed, the Web Manager feature will not be available for installation.
The Windows features detailed below satisfy the minimum requirements for installing the ArcIMS Web Manager feature.
On Windows Server 2008
1) Click Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager > Roles.
2) Click Add Role Services.
3) At the Select Role Services dialog box, verify the components listed below are turned on.
The following Web Server (IIS) components must be installed when performing an installation on Windows Server 2008.
Steps to add IIS components on Windows Vista
1) Open the Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off (found under Programs and Features).
2) Expand the Internet Information Services feature.
3) Verify that the IIS components listed below are turned on.
The following Web Server (IIS) components must be installed when performing an installation on Windows Vista.
Internet Information Services