Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
In order to produce the error message, "The number of points is less than required for feature", each of the actions described below must involve inserting a feature into an ArcSDE feature class.
There are several actions that can lead to this error:
- Using the Load Data command in ArcCatalog.
- Using the Object Loader in ArcMap.
- Using the Paste command in the ArcMap Editor.
A feature being inserted into the ArcSDE feature class has less than the required number of vertices for the geometry type. For example:
- A polyline feature with two vertices that are both located at the same location.
- A polygon feature with less than three vertices.
The solution for this error can range from deleting the feature(s) in question to correcting their geometries.
If the features are in or can be converted into a geodatabase feature class, a Geodatabase Topology can be used to identify the features in question so they can either be deleted or corrected.
To correct the geometry of features, use the following steps: