Problem: ArcGIS Server 9.2 on Linux does not restart automatically after the server machine is rebooted
ArcGIS Server 9.2 on Linux does not restart automatically after the server machine is rebooted.
The startup scripts for ArcGIS Server 9.2 are not placed at the correct system run level.
- Log in as a root user and delete the link named 'S99serverobjectmanager' from the following location:
- Delete the link named 'S99mwcoreservices' from the following locations:
- Delete the link named 'K70mwcoreservices' from the following locations:
- Create a symbolic link in /etc/rc3.d and /etc/rc5.d
named 'S99serverobjectmanager' that points to the following script:
> ln -s arcgisserver_install_location/servercore/.Server/agsserver S99serverobjectmanager
- Create a symbolic link named 'K99serverobjectmanager' to arcgisserver_install_location/servercore/.Server/agsserver in following locations:
> ln -s arcgisserver_install_location/servercore/.Server/agsserver K99serverobjectmanager
Article ID: 000009362
Software: ArcGIS Server (10.0 and prior) 9.2