Problem: When starting a Microsoft Office application, such as Word, a dialog box appears stating "Please wait while Windows configures ArcGIS Desktop"
When starting a Microsoft Office application, such as Word, a dialog box appears stating, "Please wait while Windows configures ArcGIS Desktop."
The installations of Microsoft Office and/or ArcGIS Desktop are corrupted.
Run a repair on both Microsoft Office and ArcGIS Desktop.
- Insert the ArcGIS Desktop 9.x installation DVD.
- Click Exit.
- Select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and select ArcGIS Desktop.
- Click the Change button, select Repair and follow the rest of the wizard.
- Once the ArcGIS Desktop repair is complete, remove the disk, and in Add/Remove Programs select Microsoft Office.
- Click the Change button.
- Select Repair, and select Detect and repair.
Article ID: 000009249
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1