How To: Add distance and direction to an existing line feature
Instructions provided describe how to add distance and direction to an existing line feature.
To add and maintain COGO descriptions in a feature class, the attribute tables need to have certain fields. Add COGO fields to the feature class using the Create COGO Fields tool in ArcCatalog.
- In ArcCatalog, right-click the Standard toolbar and select Customize.
- Select the Commands tab and then type 'COGO Fields' in the Show box. The available geodatabase tools appear on the right side of the panel.
- Drag and drop the Create COGO Fields button onto any of the ArcCatalog toolbars.
- In the Catalog tree in ArcCatalog, select the line feature class on which to add COGO fields.
- Click the Create COGO Fields button. A message dialog box appears showing that the following fields have been added: Direction, Distance, Radius, Delta, Tangent, ArcLength, and Side.
- In ArcMap, use the Edit tool to select one or more line features.
- Click Update COGO Attributes on the COGO toolbar.
Article ID: 000008998
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1