Problem: ArcMap and/or ArcCatalog takes a long time to open
ArcMap and/or ArcCatalog takes a long time to start.
One of the possible causes that occurs when ArcInfo Desktop and ArcInfo Workstation are both installed is that the license server keys in the Registry are not the same.
Make sure that the license server keys in the registry are pointing to the correct name,
- Navigate to Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.
- In the registry, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\ESRI\License.
- Verify that the registry key LICENSE_SERVER is the hostname for the computer where the license manager is installed.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\ESRI\ArcInfo\workstation\8.0.
- Verify that the registry key LICENSE_SERVER is set to the same hostname as in step 3.
Article ID: 000008820
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcInfo Workstation 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3