Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When adding a 3D feature such as point, line, polygon or TIN to ArcScene, the feature appears as a vertical line.
The data is in a geographic projection. ArcScene assumes that the data loaded has the same vertical units as the defined horizontal units. This causes the vertical units to be stretched to a great extent.
There are three solutions to this issue; select one of the options below:
1. Right-click on the layer in the table of contents and select properties.
2. Click on the 'Base Heights' tab.
3. Adjust the value to a number between between 0.001 and 0.0001 as (see below).
1. Click View > Scene Properties.
2. Click on the General tab.
3. Adjust the vertical exaggeration to a value between 0.001 and 0.0001 (see below).