How To: Create two address locators with different zone values using the same reference data
Instructions provided describe how to create multiple address locators with different zone values using the same reference data.
This example procedure describes how to create address locators using ZIP code and City for the same reference data.
When finished, either the ZIP or City can be entered in the Zone field in the Find Address dialog box using the composite locator.
- Copy and paste the file 'US Streets with Zone (GDB).lot' in <ArcGIS_install_location>\Locators folder to make a copy of it. Rename the copy to another name such as 'US Streets with City (GDB).lot'.
- Open 'US Streets with City (GDB).lot' in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Replace the following line:
RD.IdxTable1.Prefix = GC_SZS
RD.IdxTable1.Prefix = GC_SZC
Save the file.
- Start ArcCatalog and create the two address locators using the 'US Streets
with Zone (GDB).lot' and 'US Streets with City (GDB).lot' styles.
ArcCatalog creates two indexes tables, one with ZIP and one with City, as the zone fields.
- Create a composite locator for the multiple locators.
Article ID: 000008224
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 9.0