How To: Create a world file for a georeferenced raster in ArcGIS Desktop
Instructions provided are to create a world file for any supported georeferenced rasters in ArcGIS Desktop.
- Add the georeferenced raster to ArcMap.
Ensure the coordinate system of the data frame is set to that of the raster.
- Add the Georeferencing toolbar to ArcMap.
- Activate the Control Points tools on the Georeferencing toolbar.
- Left-click anywhere on the raster to add a 'from' control point.
- Move the cursor away from the location of the 'from' control point.
- Right-click and select Cancel Point. This activates the Update Georeferencing and Rectify options on the Georeferencing menu.
- Click the Georeferencing menu. Click Update Georeferencing. This creates a world file for the raster.
Article ID: 000007991
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1