Problem: ArcCatalog crashes when opening a network dataset with a custom evaluator
When opening a network dataset that uses a custom evaluator, ArcCatalog crashes.
The network dataset is trying to access a custom evaluator that is not registered with the operating system. Custom evaluators must be registered before they can be used by the network dataset.
- Close all ArcGIS applications.
- If necessary, copy the DLL containing the custom evaluator to the system.
- Register the DLL using RegSvr32.exe.
- Add this DLL to the appropriate category in the Component Category Manager.
See the documentation provided with this custom evaluator for specific details.
- Start ArcCatalog and open the network dataset.
Article ID: 000007807
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1