How To: Transfer attributes from one feature to another in the same feature class
Instructions provided describe how to transfer attributes within a single feature class using the Attribute Transfer tool in ArcMap.
Follow the steps below to correctly transfer attributes between features in a feature class.
- Select View > Toolbars > Spatial Adjustment to turn on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar.
- Select Attribute Transfer Mapping from the Spatial Adjustment toolbar.
- Click the Source Layer dropdown arrow to set the source.
- Click the Target Layer dropdown arrow to set the target.
- Click a field in the Source Layer’s Field list box.
- Click a corresponding field in the Target Layer’s Field list box.
- Uncheck the 'transfer geometry' option.
- Click the Add button.
Repeat the process for all other fields that are to be used as criteria for the attribute transfer.
- Select the Attribute transfer tool on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar to click once on the source and target features.
Article ID: 000007178
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.3 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.3 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.3