Problem: Error getting list of Object IDs returned when opening the attribute table of joined data
When opening the attribute table of a feature class joined to another feature class or table, the following error message is returned.
Error getting list of Object IDs
There are two possible causes:
- The spatial index of the feature class being joined to is corrupt.
- The tables participating in the join do not have primary keys defined.
There are two possible solutions.
- If the data is in a shapefile, use the ShapeFile Repairer to build a new spatial index. This script can be found in the Related Information section below.
For the ShapeFile Repairer utility to work correctly, ensure the language setting of the computer matches the language used to create the shapefile.
- Using ArcCatalog, right-click the layer and select Properties.
- Select the Indexes tab.
- Delete the spatial index and create a new one.
- Using the native software of the tables (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, ArcInfo), verify that the Primary Key is defined. If not, add one.
Article ID: 000007087
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 9.0 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 9.0 ArcGIS - ArcView 9.0