How To: Update ArcIMS if the hostname has been changed
If the ArcIMS host name has been changed, ArcIMS also requires changes.
As an alternative to Steps 1-4, ArcIMS Post Installation can be run again to update the Web Server Host name and the Application Server Host name.
- Update the Esrimap_prop located in the servlet engine directory; for example, in C:\Tomcat4112\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes. Change the property for the AppServerMachine to the new hostname.
- In a text editor, open the file monitor.properties, located in the directory <drive>:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\Server\Monitor. Change the property for the RegistryHost to the new hostname.
- In a text editor, open the file tasker.properties, located in the directory <drive>:\ProgramFiles\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\AppServer\Tasker. Change the property for the RegistryHost to the new hostname.
- In a text editor, open the file aimsdefaults.properties, located in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>.
Replace all instances of the old host name with the new host name. Save and close the file.
- Verify in Administrator that the changes took effect. Click View > Site Properties. Ensure the new host name is reflected in the Site Properties or change them accordingly.
- For all Java Viewer websites, open the default.axl file and update the 'axl location' to point to the new host name.
- For all HTML Viewer websites, open the ArcIMSparam.js file and alter the variables 'imsURL' and 'imsOVURL' to point to the new host name.
Article ID: 000006558
Software: ArcIMS 4.0, 4.0.1, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1