How To: Fill in voids (donut holes) in a polygon feature
Instructions provided describe a method to fill in holes or voids that exist inside a polygon feature.
- After beginning an ArcMap edit session, double-click the polygon containing the void to display the polygon's vertices.
- Click the Sketch Properties button on the Editor toolbar or hover the mouse pointer over a vertex, right-click, and select Properties.
- Select the part number that corresponds to the void to be filled in the left column of the Sketch Properties dialog.
- Right-click the part number and choose Delete Vertex.
- Click Finish Sketch to fill the void.
- Click Editor > Save Edits, and Editor > Stop Editing.
Article ID: 000006478
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1