How To: Install extensions to ArcGIS Desktop
Instructions provided describe how to install the extensions for ArcGIS Desktop. Below are the items needed prior to install:
· The same ArcGIS Desktop CD that was used to install the core ArcGIS Desktop software.
· If using ArcGIS Concurrent, it is necessary to have the proper licenses installed and running on the license server.
· If using ArcView or ArcEditor Single Use, the UNK or EVA registration number(s) are needed for the extension(s) being installed.
Save and close any active programs.
- Insert the proper ArcGIS Desktop CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- When the auto-install is activated, click the Modify button.
- Click the (+) sign to expand the Extensions menu.
- Pull down the menu to the left of the extension to be installed and select 'Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive.'
- Click Next.
- Once the install completes activate the extensions.
Instructions provided describe how the Extensions dialog box in ArcMap and ArcCatalog is used to turn extensions on or off. To use an extension there must be a valid license.
- Start ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Navigate to Tool > Extensions.
- Check the extensions to be activated.
- Click Close.
Article ID: 000006178
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1