Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
There are three methods to add StreetMap USA.loc, from 2003 ArcGIS StreetMap USA DVD and CD, geocoding service in ArcMap.
With the new organization of the 2003 StreetMap USA data, the relative path from the StreetMap USA.loc file to the usa.edg file has changed. The relative path stored in the StreetMap USA.loc file was not updated to reflect this change.
The geocoding service can be repaired if the file is located on a hard drive and is writable.
Follow these steps to repair the geocoding service:
1. On the error message dialog box, click No.
2. Copy the StreetMap USA.loc file to a hard drive and make it writable.
3. Add this StreetMap USA.loc geocoding service in the same manner it was attempted before.
4. Click Yes to display the Repair Geocoding Service dialog box.
5. In the Reference data box, navigate to and select the usa.edg file located in the \usa\streets folder on the 2003 ArcGIS StreetMap USA disk.