Problem: In a view, the pointer display coordinates are -1.#J, and the view window is blank
Both of the location coordinates of the pointer in the upper-right corner display as -1.#J, and the view window is blank.
At least one feature in any of the themes has either incorrect or no geometry information.
This solution deletes features from the selected shapefile. Make a backup of this shapefile before proceeding.
- Add each theme to its own separate view.
- Use the sample script, addxycoo.ave, to determine which features are corrupt. For more information, refer to the following article, How To: Use the addxycoo.ave sample script.
- Open the theme's table if it is not already open, and select the records that have x and y values of 0.
- Select the Start Editing option under the Table menu.
- Select the Delete records option under the Edit menu.
- Select the Stop Editing option under the Table menu, and click Yes to save the changes.
- Delete the theme from the view and add it back.
Article ID: 000005752
Software: ArcView GIS 3.0, 3.0a, 3.0b, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2a, 3.3