How To: Uninstall Apache 2.0.42 Web server on Windows NT, 2000 and XP
Instructions provided are for uninstalling the Apache 2.0.42 Web server on the Windows platforms.
Certain Windows skills are required to perform the following procedure.
For details on these skills please see: Common Windows tasks when installing ArcIMS
- To uninstall Apache as a service, open a Command Prompt window.
- Navigate to default Apache installation directory, or wherever apache.exe is located. For example, C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin.
- At the command prompt, type 'apache -k uninstall' without the quotes.
- Close the Command Prompt window.
- Go to Windows Services and check that Apache2 is no longer listed as a service.
- Navigate to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Uninstall 'Apache HTTP Server 2.0.42' by clicking Remove.
- Delete the Apache installation directory in Windows Explorer. For example: C:\Apache.
Article ID: 000005720
Software: ArcIMS 4.0