How To: Load the training data on Macintosh for ArcView GIS 3.0
This document describes the methods used to copy training data from the "Introduction to ArcView GIS" MacIntosh version to another location.
- Place the CD in the CD-ROM drive and double-click the ESRI icon.
- In the ESRI window, double-click the PC folder.
- Locate the ESRITRN folder and drag it to the hard drive.
- Edit the ArcView start up file to set an environment variable with the path to the ESRITRN folder.
The pathname to the start up file is:
- Open the start up file using "SimpleText" by double-clicking it.
- Add this line at the end of the file:
If the ESRITRN folder was loaded in a different location, replace the pathname with that location.
- Start ArcView. If ArcView is already running, exit ArcView and restart the application. This will prompt the start up file to execute and set the variable.
Article ID: 000005245
Software: ArcView GIS 3.0, 3.0a