Problem: Add XY Event Layer displays no data
When using Add XY Data to add a Microsoft Access 2000 table as an event layer no data appears in an ArcMap document.
The Access table has spaces in its name.
There are several solutions to this issue.
- Using ArcCatalog:
1. Copy and paste the table.
2. Delete the original table.
- Through an OLE DB Connection:
1. Make a connection to the Access database.
2. Add the table to Arcmap.
3. Right-click the table > Display XY Data.
4. Select the proper fields for X and Y text boxes.
5. Click OK.
- By renaming the table:
1. Open Microsoft Access.
2. Right-click the table > Rename.
3. Rename the table without spaces.
Article ID: 000004862
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.1