How To: Update the license file on the license manager server
This article describes two methods to update the license file on the License Manager server.
- Update License Utility
1. Save the new license file to a location not related to ESRI software.
2. Run the Update License utility.
See: How To: Update your existing license file using the Update License tool
- Manual Update (If the Update License Utility didn't work)
- Save the new license file to a location not related to ESRI software and name it license.txt
- Stop the License Manager:
- Click Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager Tools.
- Click the second radio button 'Configuration using Services'.
- Highlight ESRI License Manager.
- Switch to the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Click the Stop Server button. You will get a stopping confirmation message.
- Minimize the screen.
- Swap license files:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\ESRI\License.
- Delete all the .lic files.
- Make a copy of license.txt, save it to the same directory you just deleted all the .lic files from, and rename it ARCINFO.lic.
- Close this screen.
- Start the server:
- Restore the LMTOOLS screen.
- Click the Start Server button. You will get a starting confirmation message.
- Click Reread License File, and when it completes, close this screen.
Article ID: 000004747
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3 ArcInfo Workstation 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1