How To: Use an image as a North Arrow
You can add an EMF image file or a BMP image file to the North Arrow selector by performing the following steps.
- Start ArcMap.
- Select Style Manager from the Styles option in the Tools menu.
- Select ESRI.style in the Style Manager dialog box.
- Right-click on the North Arrows folder and select New>North Arrow.
- Click the Symbol button in the North Arrow dialog box.
- Click the Properties button in the Symbol Selector.
- Set the Type to Picture Marker Symbol.
- Browse to the EMF or BMP image file.
- Select the image file and click Open.
- Resize the image, if necessary.
- Click OK to close the Symbol Property Editor.
- Click OK to close the Symbol Selector.
- Click Apply and OK to close the North Arrow dialog box.
- Close the Style Manager dialog box.
Article ID: 000004499
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.1