How To: Update a UML model
Instructions provided are to upgrade the Unified Modeling Language (UML) models created at ArcGIS 8.0.x. It is not necessary to re-create drawings at ArcGIS 8.1 and above.
- Launch Visio and create a new drawing with drawing type ArcInfo UML Model (Visio 2000).
This opens an empty drawing in a new template.
- From the File > Open menu, navigate to your version 8.0.x .vsd file and load it.
To model feature datasets, continue to the next step. Otherwise, save your Visio document. It now contains the newer template.
- In the UML Navigator, double-click on the Workspace diagram.
Drag and drop a package onto the diagram.
The Stereotype menu has a FeatureDataset option.
- In the UML Navigator, double-click on the diagram under the Package1 feature dataset.
- Drag and drop the classes onto the new diagram. Make other desired changes and save the Visio document.
Article ID: 000004460
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1