Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When trying to delete the ArcIMS folders during uninstallation of ArcIMS on Windows, the following error message may be displayed:
Cannot delete Manager: There has been a sharing violation. The source or destination file may be in use.
One or more processes are still referencing the ArcIMS folders.
1. Open the Services control panel.
2. Stop all web server services.
3. With the web server services stopped, test to see whether the ArcIMS folders can now be deleted.
4. If the folders still can't be deleted, stop the Content Index service.
NOTE: This service is only available on Windows NT Server.
5. Delete the ArcIMS folders as described in the uninstallation instructions, then restart any stopped services.