Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
The error message "Failed to evaluate the calculator equation" appears after clicking Evaluate on the Raster Calculator dialog box.
There are several causes for this problem:
· You have a syntax error in the calculator expression.
· The extent and cell size of your input raster is different than the extent set for your analysis results.
· The expression will not be evaluated if there are carriage returns before or after the expression.
· The Raster Calculator is case sensitive.
· There are too many open grids. There is a limit of 50 open rasters of the grid format at any one time.
Some of these issues have been addressed in ArcGIS Version 8.1.2.
The corresponding workarounds for the above causes are:
Layer name: Elevation
Expression typed: slope([elevation])