How To: Substitute one value for another within a field
You can use the Substitute request to substitute one value for another within a field in a table.
- Open the table.
- Select Start Editing from the Table menu.
- Select the field heading of the field that you want to work with.
- Select Calculate from the Field menu.
- Double-click the field name to be worked with from the Fields list.
- Set the Type to String.
- Scroll down the Requests list and double-click Substitute.
- Type between the parenthesis the value to be substituted for and the value to be substituted; each value should be enclosed in quotation marks.
- Click OK.
- Select Stop Editing from the Table menu and Save your Edits.
Article ID: 000002413
Software: ArcView GIS 3.0, 3.0a, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2a