Error: The feature's geometry could not be modified.
Finishing a sketch(F2), or saving edits in ArcMap returns:
'The feature's geometry could not be modified.'
The attribute table contains duplicate field names.
- Save edits and exit from ArcMap.
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Navigate and select the shapefile in the Catalog tree.
- Right-click on the shapefile and click Properties.
- Click the Fields tab.
- Select the duplicate field name.
Click the gray button to the immediate left of the Field Name.
- Press the delete button on the keyboard.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
Article ID: 000002370
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2