Error: Target and source feature class must have the same geometry type
Using the Simple Data Loader in ArcCatalog to load data into a new feature class produces this message:
"Target and source feature class must have the same geometry type"
The geometry type of the new feature class you created to load data into is not the same as the geometry type of the data. You need to create a new feature class with the correct Geometry Type.
- Create a new feature class.
Right-Click on the geodatabase or feature dataset in which to create the new feature class and click New > Feature Class.
- Type a Name and Alias for your new feature class and click Next.
- Click the Default option button and click Next.
- Click on the Shape field to see its properties.
- In the Geometry Type field, use the dropdown box to select the correct Geometry Type and click Finish.
Article ID: 000002343
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2