Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Can I use MapObjects IMS services in ArcIMS?
Yes. If you are ready to migrate from MapObjects IMS to ArcIMS, you have several options:
· You can continue to use your existing MapObjects IMS sites but use the ESRIMap Servlet Connector that comes with ArcIMS. The servlet connector allows you to use more web servers such as Apache.
· You can serve a map in MapObjects and view the map in an ArcIMS Java Viewer.
· You can re-create your MapObjects IMS site in ArcIMS.
If you choose to use MapObjects IMS with ArcIMS, there are some constraints:
· Maps served in MapObjects IMS will respond to requests as they always have. For each request, a map must be drawn in MapObjects before being sent back to the client in JPEG or GIF format.
· Feature streaming is not supported.
· You cannot use the ArcIMS Administrator to administer MapObjects IMS sites.
· You cannot use MapObjects IMS Admin to administer MapObjects IMS applications that are served using the ArcIMS ESRIMap Servlet Connector.
For further details on using MapObjects IMS services in ArcIMS, refer to Appendix B of the "Using ArcIMS" book.