How To: Add a new Simple Fill Symbol to an existing Style set with ArcMap
Storing custom symbols can streamline your organization's common mapping requirements.
Here are the steps to add a Simple Fill Symbol to a style set.
- Open Styles > Style Manager from the Tools menu.
- Select the target Style on the Style Manager table of contents.
- Click the plus symbol (+) to the left of the Style to display its sub-folders.
- Select the Fill Symbols sub-folder.
- Right-click on the Contents Window (right hand side of the Style Manager).
- Select New > Fill Symbol on the Contents popup menu.
- Set the Type to Simple Fill Symbol on the Symbol Property Editor dialog.
- Click the Color icon and select a color.
- Adjust the outline color and outline width as needed.
- Click OK
Article ID: 000002080
Software: ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.0.1, 8.0.2