Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Below is the command sequence to register a manuscript map (taped to a digitizer) to a coverage in ArcEdit or Edit Tools.
Before beginning verify that the digitizer is supported by ArcInfo. Check the Supported Devices Guide for the version of the software by going to the Supported Devices section on the ESRI Online Support Center. A direct link to ESRI OSC is found in Related Information below.
Arcedit: &TERMINAL 9999
Arcedit: DISPLAY 9999
- set terminal and display types
Arcedit: EDIT <cover_to_digitize_into>
- Specify coverage to add features to
Arcedit: EDITFEATURE <feature_to_add>
- Specify feature to add
Arcedit: DRAWENVIRONMENT <feature ... feature>
- Specify features to draw
- Initial drawing
Arcedit: DIGITIZER <digitizer_type> <port>
- Specify your digitizer and the port it is connected to
Arcedit: COORDINATE DIGITIZER <edit_cover>
- Register your paper map to the coverage
- enter tic ID on puck
- press “A” to accept tic ID
- locate puck over tic
- press “A” again to accept location
- repeat for other tics
- enter a tic ID of “0” to stop registering tics
Arc: ARCTOOLS EDIT
Edit Tools -> File -> Coverage: Open
- Select coverage and feature to digitize
Edit Tools -> Display -> Draw Env: General
- Select features to display
Edit Tools -> Edit -> Digitizer Setup
- Select digitizer type and port
Edit Tools -> Edit -> Coordinate Device
- Select DIGITIZER
- Enter tic ID on puck
- Press “A”"A" to accept tic I
- Locate puck over tic
- Press “ "A" again to accept location
- Repeat for other tics
- Enter a tic ID of "0"” to stop registering tics
If you are unable to register your tics, check with your System Administrator to determine if your digitizer and/or station file are properly set. These
files are located in $ARCHOME/digform and $ARCHOME/stations directories.