Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
The IGL typesettings for the STYLE prompt of the ArcEdit TEXTSET command don't work. The result of a text string, such as 90!SUP;o!BAK;80', should return the results, 90(o in superscript)80'. The string is returned in segments divided by semicolons.
The IGL options work in ArcPlot.
In ArcEdit the semicolon is interpreted as a carriage return.
Try one of these options:
· Create the annotation with ArcPlotW, where the IGL options are working, and then bring them into ArcEditW.
· Use the current characters associated with a font (i.e. 23o 91'). The degree symbol is character number 167 within the Courier-New font.
To check the characters for each font:
1. :TEXTFONT *
2. Select the font and note the 'Font Number'
3. :TEXTIND * ALL
4. Provide the box for the Characters to be drawn in
5. The characters are number left to right from the #32
To set the font in ArcEditW for annotation:
1. Open coverage and set EditFeature to Annotation
2. :TEXTSET *