This error occurs when starting any module of the international version of PC ARC/INFO (the hardware key is plugged into LPT1):
No/wrong key printer off/not ready.
The installation instructions for international users state:
"If you are running Windows NT, or are experiencing difficulties running the software, please see the /SENTINEL subdirectory on the distribution CD."
The installation CD for PC ARC/INFO 3.5 doesn't show the SENTINEL subdirectory.
The first batch of International Version PC ARC/INFO 3.5 CDs did not contain the Rainbow Technologies SENTINEL drivers.
You can obtain the SENTINEL drivers from ESRI's ftp site:
Using a Web browser:
1. Click the link in the Related Information section 2. Double-click the SENTINEL.ZIP file
Using an FTP utility:
1. Connect to ftp.esri.com as anonymous 2. Change directories to /pub/techsupport/pcarc 3. Set file transfer to binary 4. Get the SENTINEL.ZIP file
To install the drivers:
1. Copy the SENTINEL.ZIP file into a directory called C:\SENTINEL 2. At the DOS prompt type:
Code: PKUNZIP -D SENTINEL
3. Using the File Manager, double-click INSTALL.BAT.
4. Specify C:\SENTINEL\I386 as the path for 'Install SENTINEL driver' (the default is A:\WIN_NT\I386).
5. When prompted to provide the disk with the unlisted, updated, or vendor provided driver, navigate to the C:\SENTINEL\WIN_NT\I386 directory and click OK.
6. See the C:\SENTINEL\README.TXT for additional information.
Note: Optionally, you may install the SENTINEL driver from Control Panel-Drivers. Go to ADD drivers, then specify "Unlisted or Updated Driver" followed by the path where the INSTALL.BAT resides.
Note: SENTINEL.ZIP also contains versions that will install rainport on MIPS, and DEC Alpha machines running NT.
You may also fill out and mail the 'PC ARC/INFO 3.5" Diskette REQUEST CARD' enclosed with your International Version of PC ARC/INFO 3.5. ESRI will send you a full installation set of International Version PC ARC/INFO 3.5 on 3.5" diskettes, which include the SENTINEL drivers.