Knowledge Base - Technical Articles
HowTo: Add a watermark to a map service
|Software:||ArcGIS Server 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1, 10|
This article was contributed by Esri UK.
Customers in the UK who use Ordnance Survey data are required to watermark any data published electronically to external sources.
Instructions provided describe how to add a watermark to a map service.
- In ArcCatalog, create a new polygon feature class.
- In ArcMap, open the new empty feature class and draw a polygon that covers the entire area of the data frame.
- Set the symbology for that layer to 'Picture Fill Symbol'.
- Select a graphic (.bmp) with the watermark design and make adjustments under the Picture Fill and Fill Properties tabs.
- Click OK to accept the new symbol. The graphic is automatically tiled across the polygon layer.
- Set the layer-level transparency to somewhere between 70% and 90% so that the tiled image behaves like a watermark.
-show me-Make sure that the layer is positioned in the MXD above all base data and large-area/seamless polygon layers, but below all other data layers.
Last Modified: 5/2/2012